Monday, April 1, 2013

Hello people!!!! So today in class we got into groups and tried to decide what the event that caused the war of 1812 was. I was in the group of impressment. I can see how people would think that this is what the reason for the start of the war. I thought this at first but after hearing what all the other groups had to say I changed my mind. I instead felt that I should change my group to be in the group that said that the most important factor that caused the war was the Orders in Council. This affected the whole country not just one single group of people. It affected everyone. My original group was impressment which is when the English Navy needed men for the war and they basically drafted men into the Navy. Most of the men who were placed into the English Navy weren't even from England. I felt that this was a large issue but compared to the fact that their economy went downhill extremely fast because Britain said that no one could trade with France. Anyways I really feel that this is the main issue that caused the war of 1812 to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment