Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Today in class we learned about sod houses. We did three activities, the first one that my group did was we smelt what a sod house would smell like. Personally it didn't smell that bad and I'm sure that if you lived in these house you would get used to it over time. The second activity that we did was we went into a rectangle that was taped onto the floor and we had to determine where we would have the stove where we would eat and where the sleeping area was. This was difficult to figure out because it was a very small space and there were five people. There was just barely enough room for everything that was needed. In the winter it would not be fun because you would be stuck in this little house with nothing that fun to do. The next place we went was to the picture area where we took our picture but the problem was that we had to stay in place for one minute which was very hard to do when people are trying to make you laugh. The last thing we did was as a class. We turned the lights off and because they wouldn't have electricity there wouldn't be much to do. Then we had some pop corn which was yummy. Over all I feel like I would go out of my mind after about 5 seconds of living out on the prairie if I lived during that time I would probably be the person who abandoned ship to live in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment